Can I Claim Tax Back?
If you are an employed mechanic there is a high chance you have purchased tools that you have not been reimbursed for in order to do your job. Well, find out whether you’re entitled to making a Tax claim by answering a few simple Tax-related questions below.
Start your Claim Now
Just 30 seconds to find out whether you’re entitled to a Mechanics tool and uniform related tax rebate claim.
Swift have helped countless of employed mechanics claim back for their work expenses such as tools, hear what some of our customers have to say about their experience.
Scottish RAC mechanic Mark received over £2,500 tax refund from HMRC
I always felt I was paying too much in tax but every time I looked into it I couldn’t work out why it was happening, Swift Refunds were recommended to me I used them they were effortless, they sorted everything out for me with no hassle whatsoever.
AA Patrolman Stuart received over £1,200 back
Hi my names Stuart Reyburn, I currently work for a roadside breakdown service and I’ve just used the Swift Tax Refund service. I have to say it was absolutely fantastic, very very easy to use they guide you at every opportunity along the way make the process so much easier and I would thoroughly recommend it to anybody.
How does our refund process work and what do we need from you?
How Do I Make a Mechanics tool and uniform Tax Claim?
Easy! Let Swift Refunds do the hard work you!
Claiming Tax back directly from HMRC can involve some serious number crunching and you really must know what you’re doing. For example, would you feel confident that you’re making the maximum claim. Would you feel comfortable knowing that an incorrect Tax claim can mean that you could get fined and penalised?
Let Swift Refunds take the hassle out of your Tax rebate claim and contact us today.
How far back can i claim?
- Current legislation in the UK says you can go back up to four Tax years when claiming a Tax rebate. This means at the current moment in time you can make a claim for the following periods:
- Year ended 5th April 2020
- Year ended 5th April 2021
- Year ended 5th April 2022
- Year ended 5th April 2023
Effectively this means you can claim Tax relief from 6th April 2019.
Over such a long period of time wage slips and p60s can be lost or misplaced. This isn’t a problem as you have lots of ways to obtain this information.
- Contact your current/previous employers as they are legally obliged to keep your records going back 6 years and because of GDPR if your request that information they have to provide it to you.
- You could log into your government gateway which is easy to set up if you have never done this.
- Contact HMRC on 0300 200 3300 and request that they post out to you a tax history letter which usually arrives in 10 working days from when you request it from them and this tax history letter will go back 4 years.
How long does a tax claim take?
How long Tax takes to come back depends on two things:
- How fast you can get the required information to ourselves
- How busy HMRC are, which depends a lot on what time of the year it is
The sooner you start a claim process, the better as it can tax 8-12 weeks for HMRC to process a tax refund.
As deadlines apply for making claims, we advise you get in touch as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
stay informed Subscribe now
Keep up to date with all the latest news and changes to make sure you don’t miss out on future refunds and tax savings.