How much does a SWIFT refund cost?

Our standard charges are as follows:


  • A Tax refund if you’re employed under PAYE: 20% + VAT of refund claimed – 16% cheaper than our rivals!
  • A Tax refund with a tax return for self-employed (including CIS): £180 + VAT – 40% cheaper than our rivals!
  • Tax returns from as little as £95 + VAT – 20% cheaper than our rivals!
  • Our fee for a PAYE Tax refund is 20% + VAT of the refund claimed or a minimum charge of £45 + VAT per tax year claimed.
  • Our fee for a PAYE Tax refunds which has been fast tracked is 25% + VAT of the refund claimed or a minimum chare of £60 + VAT per tax year claimed


It takes less than a minute to find out if you are eligible for a claim. Our team of tax rebate specialists handle the whole process for you, taking away any hassle whilst making sure you get back all the money you’re entitled to.

Are you owed Tax back from HMRC? Find out today

Multi year travel claim tax refund

20% + VAT of the refund claimed for all years

Fixed at

20% + VAT
CIS Tax return & refund package

£360 + VAT for rapid refund

Fixed at

£180 + VAT
Single year travel claim (no tax return needed)

20% + VAT of the refund claimed

Fixed at

20% + VAT
Responding to HMRC enquiry

Claim submitted by SWIFT Tax Refunds

Part of the SWIFT aftercare service

Single year travel claim with tax return

20% + VAT of the refund claimed

Fixed at

20% + VAT
Responding to HMRC enquiry

claim not submitted by SWIFT Tax Refunds

Fixed at

£50 + VAT p/h

Are there any hidden costs or additional fees?

We have created our price chart to not only offer amazing saving compared to similiar sites, but to be transparent with our customer so you are not hit with any additional fees which would be deductable from your final tax refund amount.

All our customer support is of no additional expense and covers the following;

• any amendments to your existing tax code

• Dealing with any HMRC enquires regarding your existing refund owed

• responding to any letters, emails or phone calls from HMRC on your behalf

• Helping you to make a switch between PAYE and CIS work


If you have any questions or need some additional advice on which service would be best for you, then please get in touch.

Are you owed Tax back from HMRC? Find out today

What Can I Claim Tax Back On?

You can claim tax back on most work-related expenses. Below is a list of items that you can request a tax rebate on:


• Vehicles for work use
• Fuel/Mileage costs
• Travel expenses
• Overnight expenses (food in certain circumstances)
• Rail Tickets (single & season tickets)
• Uniforms, work clothing and tools
• Cleaning costs for uniforms
• Professional fees, subscriptions & unions fees


This list is an example of what you could claim back; there may be expenses & items specific to the job role that you could claim back.

What are the Deadlines?

In the UK, the current legislation states that you can claim back up to four years when claiming a tax rebate. What this means is you could claim for the following tax periods:


• Year ending 5th April 2017
• Year ending 5th April 2018
• Year ending 5th April 2019
• Year ending 5th April 2020


Over such a long period of time wage slips and p60s can be lost or misplaced. In most cases, this is not a problem as at Swift Refunds we can seek copies from HM Revenue & Customs on your behalf.

Are you owed Tax back from HMRC? Find out today

Am I Due Any Tax Back?

Most workers, whether employed or self-employed may be due a tax rebate for work-related items, expenses or because they have paid too much tax. HMRC do not know everyone’s individual circumstances, and it is up to the taxpayer to contact HMRC to see if they are entitled to any tax relief.


Other reasons for a tax refund may include pension payments, redundancy payments, interest from a savings account, PPI, or UK income if you are living aboard.


All claims for tax refunds and rebates are reviewed on a case by case basis. Use our tax claim form and answer a few simple questions to see if you could be entitled to make a claim.

stay informed subscribe now

Keep up to date with all the latest news and changes to make sure you don’t miss out on future refunds and tax savings.