Refer a friend
Earn extra cash and rewards for yourself!
Spread the word about your tax refund and help a friend with their potential claim and get a £50 Amazon Voucher!
We’ll award you with £50 in amazon vouchers for every person you recommend (T&Cs apply) who claims with us. We’ll also give you an additional bonus of £250 for every 5 people that do.
That’s £500 in Amazon Vouchers all yours! Help your friends in the armed forces out today tell them about swift refunds and the potential tax rebate they could receive and you’ll both earn some extra money.
Refer a friend
What Can I Claim Tax Back On?
You can claim tax back on most work-related expenses. Below is a list of items that you can request a tax rebate on:
• Vehicles for work use
• Fuel/Mileage costs
• Travel expenses
• Overnight expenses (food in certain circumstances)
• Rail Tickets (single & season tickets)
• Uniforms, work clothing and tools
• Cleaning costs for uniforms
• Professional fees, subscriptions & unions fees
This list is an example of what you could claim back; there may be expenses & items specific to the job role that you could claim back.
What are the Deadlines?
Current legislation in the UK says you can go back up to four Tax years when claiming a Tax rebate. This means at the current moment in time you can make a claim for the following periods:
- Year ended 5th April 2019
- Year ended 5th April 2020
- Year ended 5th April 2021
- Year ended 5th April 2022
Effectively this means you can claim Tax relief from 6th April 2018.
Over such a long period of time wage slips and p60s can be lost or misplaced. This isn’t a problem as you have lots of ways to obtain this information.
- Contact your current/previous employers as they are legally obliged to keep your records going back 6 years and because of GDPR if your request that information they have to provide it to you.
- You could log into your government gateway which is easy to set up if you have never done this.
- Contact HMRC on 0300 200 3300 and request that they post out to you a tax history letter which usually arrives in 10 working days from when you request it from them and this tax history letter will go back 4 years.
Am I Due Any Tax Back?
Most workers, whether employed or self-employed may be due a tax rebate for work-related items, expenses or because they have paid too much tax. HMRC do not know everyone’s individual circumstances, and it is up to the taxpayer to contact HMRC to see if they are entitled to any tax relief.
Other reasons for a tax refund may include pension payments, redundancy payments, interest from a savings account, PPI, or UK income if you are living aboard.
All claims for tax refunds and rebates are reviewed on a case by case basis. Use our tax claim form and answer a few simple questions to see if you could be entitled to make a claim.
Stay Informed Subscribe now
Keep up to date with all the latest news and changes to make sure you don’t miss out on future refunds and tax savings.
Tax Refunds & Tax Returns made easy
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR A TAX REFUND FROM HMRC?
Whether you use your own vehicle for work, use public transport such as trains to travel to various work locations or buy your own equipment and materials then there is a good chance that you can claim back for your travel expenses. HMRC lets claimants claim up to 4 years worth of expenses. On average a 4-year tax rebate pays out around £2,500.