The Swift Guarantee

When claiming tax back with Swift Refunds, our unique Swift 100% Guarantee means that you don’t have to worry about HMRC asking for any of your money back. As long as you give us full and accurate information, if HMRC doesn’t agree with how much we’ve claimed and asked for any money back, we will pay it.

How will the Swift guarantee benefits you?

If HMRC have paid you out and you have claimed too much tax back; they can, later on, decide to ask for the money back.  Swift’s 100% Guarantee will give you peace of mind so when you get your refund from us you will keep 100% of it provided you gave us the correct information from the start.

When we process a tax refund for you we use the most rigorous due diligence standards to make sure we have assessed and calculated your refund correctly. We constantly keep ourselves up to date on the latest legislation and regulations coming from the government and HMRC. At Swift, we will claim for everything due to you under the law to make sure you get the maximum tax refund possible.  We never claim for anything that you’re not entitled to.

We are so secure in how robust our standards are. This is why we offer the Swift 100% Guarantee to you.

If HMRC asks for my money back, what happens?

The entire refund will be protected by the Swift 100% Guarantee provided the information that you have given us is correct.  With all the information you provided being correct then we will pay back what HMRC are demanding ourselves.  Make sure you call or email us if HMRC are contacting you about this and we will fix the issue for you.

Are you owed Tax back from HMRC? Find out today

What reason would HMRC have to investigate a refund?

Usually, HMRC will select people at random and they do this type of spot-check to make sure that any tax refund that is being applied for is follow the correct rules and procedures.

Sometimes the HMRC rules and tax regulations change and they want to make sure that companies and individuals are following the rules correctly and the way there were intended to be followed.

There are a few reasons and signs that HMRC looks out for when assessing a tax refund which could lead them to suspect fraud or other problems.

What are the reasons that would cause a HMRC inspection to be successful?

The main reason for this happening is when the information used to calculate your refund is incorrect or incomplete

Usually, the problems come from people not realising the following points:

  1. Whether a workplace was temporary or permanent or if you are a mobile worker or not.
  2. If you had “non-taxable expenses”.
  3. If we were not informed about benefits like child benefits.
  4. If you had other sources of income that need to be reported but we were not informed about this. Example: Rental income or second job
  5. It’s extremely important to retain the proof of expenses like receipts for at least 12 months after the refund calculation was done.

It’s our job to help you with these complex rules, though. That’s why if something slips through the net, we’ll cover it.

Remember – we need you to keep as many records as you can so we can prove your claim to HMRC if they ask more questions.

Are you owed Tax back from HMRC? Find out today

Am I Due Any Tax Back?

Most workers, whether employed or self-employed may be due a tax rebate for work-related items, expenses or because they have paid too much tax. HMRC do not know everyone’s individual circumstances, and it is up to the taxpayer to contact HMRC to see if they are entitled to any tax relief.


Other reasons for a tax refund may include pension payments, redundancy payments, interest from a savings account, PPI, or UK income if you are living abroad.


All claims for tax refunds and rebates are reviewed on a case by case basis. Use our tax claim form and answer a few simple questions to see if you could be entitled to make a claim.

stay informed subscribe now

Keep up to date with all the latest news and changes to make sure you don’t miss out on future refunds and tax savings.